Holidays around LA
Updated: Dec 18, 2018
So many lovely holiday events around, it's hard to choose from! Here is our selection of 10 great events for you and your family to celebrate the Season! Enjoy anything from beautiful decorations, enchanting lights, to theater performances and ice skating!
1. Still shopping for gifts? Consider visiting The Fullest Holiday Market in Culver City, where conscious shoppers will find everything from non-toxic skincare products to oversized cashmere throws and affordable, ethically-made fine jewelry, to name just a few things. RSVP for the free event online here. When: Saturday, December 15 (11 a.m. to 6 p.m.) Where: Platform, 8850 Washington Blvd., Culver City, 90232
2. The Grove invites the entire family to enjoy a Winter Wonderland in L.A. now through Christmas Day (Tuesday, Dec. 25). The holiday festivities include a 100-foot Christmas tree, the Santa House, nightly snowfall at 7 and 8 p.m., live music and entertainment.
3. Play in real snow during Kidspace Children's Museum's annual Snow Days from December 26 to 30! There will also be snow crafts, live performances and, of course, snowmen and snow angels.
4. Bob Baker's "Nutcracker" - the beloved Marionette Theater may be leaving behind its longtime home, but it’s not ditching its annual holiday production. For the first time since opening in 1969, the charming play and its 100-plus handmade puppets move off-site with this staging at the Pasadena Playhouse. Click here for times and tickets.
5. Descanso Garden's Enchanted: Forest of Light is an event not to be missed! Now through Jan. 6. Highlights include thousands of twinkling tulips, spinning polyhedrons and majestic trees aglow. Tickets must be purchased online in advance and sell out quickly.
6. Los Angeles Ballet's The Nutcracker is the city's own holiday tradition, perfect for celebrating the season. This original production takes place in 1912 Los Angeles. You will be captivated as Clara and her beloved Nutcracker battle a most memorable Mouse King, encounter dancing Snowflakes, and travel to the Palace of the Dolls. Book your tickets here.
7. You’ll find plenty of eye-popping, jaw-dropping wonder at L.A. Zoo Lights, which is delivering seasonal sights, sounds and delights nightly into January. Buy your tickets in advance and wear comfortable shoes - you’ll be walking slightly uphill for most of the way.
8. Go ice skating! There are great ice skating rinks for you to choose from: Pershing Square, ICE at Santa Monica, Queen Mary Christmas, LA Kings Holiday Ice, and the Rink in Downtown Burbank. These family-friendly rinks offer more than just skates—from wintry food and drinks to ice tubing and meeting Santa.
9. Holiday Sing Along at Walt Disney Hall is having 2 performances on Saturday December 22nd. Walt Disney Concert Hall’s massive pipe organ, a choir, and a jazz combo lead a cheerful selection of seasonal favorites in this beloved Los Angeles holiday tradition. A jolly good time! Book your tickets here.
10. Head to theater for Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens, at The Noise Within in Pasadena. Families love the inspirational story of Bob Cratchit, Tiny Tim, and Scrooge—the perfect burst of boundless good cheer for the season, and beyond! “One of the best events your family can attend during the holiday season.” – Examiner. Book your tickets here.